Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the HR Assistant will primarily be responsible for the Time and Attendance System and querying any discrepancies with the respective departmental heads within the group. He/she will also handle filing of e-mail correspondence, general filing of payroll reports, assisting the Human Resources Manager with the relevant Company requirements, amongst other support duties.
Qualifications & Experience
Duties will include:
- To administer the time and attendance system.
- To administer vacation and sick leave in accordance to Maltese legislation.
- To draft contracts of employment for new employees and other employment related letters.
- To assist in the on-boarding process of new employees by registering employees on the HR systems, collecting of documentation and keeping all necessary records up-to-date.
- Liaise with Identity Malta, JobsPlus and other entities to submit necessary work permits and government forms.
- To assist in employees benefits.
- To assist in the processing of off-boarding and termination of employees.
- Any other ad-hoc administrative duties as may be required from time to time.
Core competencies, Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of one-year experience in a similar HR role.
- Must be able to work as part of a team but also independently.
- An excellent eye for detail, well organised, reliable and trustworthy.
- Capable of managing tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Experience in using Dakar would be considered an asset.
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel.
- Be familiar with Maltese employment legislation.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience will be offered to the chosen candidate. Interested applicants are requested to submit an application letter together with a CV to email@example.com or address them to: The Human Resources Manager, Valhmor Borg Import/Export Company Limited, 4, Pinto Road, Marsa, MRS 1912