The Delivery person forms part of the Distribution and Warehousing Department of Valhmor Borg Import/Export Limited (VBIE). VBIE believes that the role of a delivery person is important to its business strategy especially when it comes to customer retention. The delivery person has a constant contact with internal customers through deliveries at Miracle Foods Retail Shops. Additionally, the delivery person supplies also VBIE esteemed clientele and thus his/her demeanor portrays the image of the company.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Drives trucks/vans in an orderly manner to deliver items such as food supplies.
- Loads/Unloads, prepare and inspect trucks/vans in a systematic and organized fashion before and after starting the route plan.
- Collects payments upon delivery from external customers or get the invoice signed according to the client’s account status – if the account status on Invoice is changed to ‘Credit’, signatures have to be on all copies and rubber stamped accordingly.
- Listens and attempts to resolve internal and/or external customers’ complaints or queries regarding products or services.
- Follows attentively any written and/or verbal instructions from his/her direct superior.
- Verifies the contents of inventory loads against the provided invoices.
- Be able to read and follow a geographical map book.
- Plan, organize and follow in an systematic manner the route plan.
- Have a strong sense of time management in order to complete all scheduled deliveries by the end of business day.
- Ensures safety procedures are adhered to by maintaining cleanliness.
- Strict adherence to company confidentiality and professionalism.
- Attends training programs as instructed by the company, during or outside office hours.
- General good standard of education up to Secondary Level.
- Possess a valid and clean ‘C’ driving license.
- Good Police Conduct.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Applying a positive attitude of ‘can do’, ‘right the first time’, ‘speed’ and ‘passion’’.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience will be offered to the chosen candidate. Interested applicants are requested to submit an application letter together with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or address them to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Valhmor Borg Import/Export Company Limited,
4, Pinto Road,
Marsa, MRS 1912