The Purchasing Clerk I forms part of the Purchasing Department within Valhmor Borg Import/Export Limited (VBIE). The Purchasing Clerk position is to liaise with the internal Sales Department, Stock Control, local and foreign suppliers and freight forwarders. Additionally, the position also entails continuous monitoring of stock levels with the scope and objective of not having any products in an ‘out of stock’ status.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Able to use confidently ISL system
- Constant liaising and coordination with suppliers and local freight forwarders
- Issuing of weekly sales reports from ISL – to be distributed to Directors, Sales Manager, Packing Manager, Marketing & Purchasing
- Analyze the weekly sales report for re-ordering purpose by controlling what is left in stock in Main Store, Miracle Foods Shops and Packing so as to create an order with the suppliers concerned.
- Setting up of the order details by creating a Purchase Order from the ISL system based on stock in hand, average sales and lead time.
- Submission of Purchase Order to the relevant suppliers and the coordination of loading and transit time.
- Advising shipping freight company the date when the order can be collected from the supplier.
- Continuous monitoring on a daily basis of shipments with suppliers and the local freight company.
- Calculate and enter the relevant costings in ISL on each product when freight company advises that goods are loaded.
- Authorizing consignment in ISL once the shipment arrives and is thoroughly checked by Warehousing and Stock Control.
- As last step will send all the related documents of costing to Finance for payment
- Ensures that all product labelling is in line with the local and EU regulations prior to order confirmation
- Ensures safety procedures within the Stock Control Unit are adhered to by maintaining cleanliness
- Strict observance to company confidentiality and professionalism
- Attends training programs as instructed by the company, during or outside office hours
- General good standard of education up to Secondary Level
- A solid knowledge and experience in the Food Industry business
- Strong command of Microsoft Office tools especially in Word and Excel
- Experience in logistics and purchasing is an asset
- Ability to maintain a healthy rapport with suppliers and to work under constant pressure with strict deadlines
- Self-motivated, well-organized, good communication and inter-personal skills
- Able to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Ability to negotiate the best possible purchase for the company as in price, payment terms and exclusivity
- Applying a positive attitude of ‘can do’, ‘right the first time’, ‘speed’ and ‘passion’.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience will be offered to the chosen candidate. Interested applicants are requested to submit an application letter together with a CV to email@example.com or address them to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Valhmor Borg Import/Export Company Limited,
4, Pinto Road,
Marsa, MRS 1912