The Storekeeper job role is to delegate and assign tasks to warehouse assistants and delivery persons. The Storekeeper is also responsible for the work and actions of his/her subordinates within acceptable levels of quality, costs and safety. To this effect it is paramount that the departmental procedures are adhered to in a manner so as not to disrupt the operational flow of the department. The Storekeeper has to maintain constant monitoring on the relevant reporting staff and direct subordinates towards the daily departmental goals and aims – that of delivering within the requested times, deliveries to customers and at the lowest possible costs. The Storekeeper’s role is also to supervise the loading area at all times and see that all employees are adhering to health and safety standards, hygiene in line with HACCP standards and company procedures by wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordination of warehouse operational flow
- Coordination of delivery persons and route plans where necessary
- Monitors plan routes through ‘Datatrak’ and assist delivery persons when in difficulties
- Prepares pick list to warehouse assistants
- Check expiry date when loading by confirming with Pick List
- Checks that orders have been picked up from warehouse correctly
- Raises and prints customer invoices and hands them to delivery persons
- Assists delivery persons with uploading of orders where necessary
- Responsible to replenish stock in cold stores
- Monitors that warehouse common parts and stores to see that they are well kept in the most hygienic state and in line with HACCP.
- Checks of incoming shipments against shipping list
- Detects any shortages in incoming shipments and alert Purchasing Department immediately
- Checks expiry date and lot number of incoming products and alert Purchasing Department if there is a mismatch with the original order
- Raises HACCP forms where necessary and forward to Stock Control Unit
- Hands-in the Goods Received note to Stock Control Unit
- Ensures that inventory correctness is at the highest levels
- Ensures that bag searches are being performed on all employees upon end of shift and before leaving the premises.
- Responsible to inspect all incoming trucks to verify that there are no excess product items
- Perform random spot-checks on outgoing trucks to check that all has been loaded according to the documentation.
- Ensures safety procedures within the Warehouse and Distribution Department are adhered to by maintaining cleanliness
- Strict observance to company confidentiality and professionalism
- Attends training programs as instructed by the company, during or outside office hours
- General good standard of education up to Secondary Level, having at least three ‘O’ Level subjects
- Strong command of Microsoft Office tools especially in Word and Excel
- ability to coordinate and provides direction to a team of employees
- Be proactive in detecting any predictable irregular circumstances and able to rectify accordingly with well-placed contingency plans
- Skills to operate a fork-lifter
- Good Police Conduct
- Self-motivated, well-organized, good communication and inter-personal skills
- Able to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Applying a positive attitude of ‘can do’, ‘right the first time’, ‘speed’ and ‘passion’ .
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience will be offered to the chosen candidate. Interested applicants are requested to submit an application letter together with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or address them to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Valhmor Borg Import/Export Company Limited,
4, Pinto Road,
Marsa, MRS 1912