The key objective for the sales representative job role is to achieve the revenue targets set by company through systematic plans. An additional important aim is to create strong relationships with clients in order to develop a long-term customer loyalty. The intention is to become trusted advisers to their customers, rather than just order takers. The Sales representative must be knowledgeable on the customers’ markets and the challenges they face. By understanding customers’ needs, the sales representative can offer relevant products and services and demonstrate that their company is important to the customer’s success.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Able to use confidently ISL.
- Check ‘out of stock’ products daily.
- Input orders into system that have been received through email daily.
- Prepare Info Sheets on all clients that need to be attended.
- Prepare daily route in the most efficient and resourceful manner.
- Provide alternatives to customers on products that are marked as ‘out of stock’.
- Secure orders and perform the necessary follow-ups confirming that items have been delivered within the service quality standards of the company.
- Monitor customers’ credit and ensures that payments are collected by due date.
- Endeavour in finding new sales opportunities.
- Take orders on over the phone and record on info sheet.
- Constant monitoring of ‘price order’ received from Purchasing Department and advise client accordingly.
- Keep constantly updated with new products and be highly knowledgeable with their main selling points and specifications.
- Alert Sales Manager on loss of sales to competitors and gather the necessary information as per Departmental SOPs.
- Raise a request for special prices to Sales Manager.
- Deliveries of orders that are deemed to be urgent and cannot be dispatched by the Distribution Department.
- Attend informational and departmental meetings as instructed by the Sales Manager.
- Provide regular feedback to the Sales Manager on the current market trends, as in pricing and sales promotions.
- Adhere to Departmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with company quality standards and procedures.
- Handles pre-orders and pass-on the required paperwork to Sales Support Clerk
- Maintain a high level of customer relationship by portraying a polite, ethical and positive approach.
- Handles customers’ concern in the most efficient and systematic fashion with good decision making.
- Strict adherence to company confidentiality and professionalism.
- Attends training programs as instructed by the company, during or outside office hours.
- Have (at least) a secondary level of education;
- Possess a high sense of commitment and work ethic;
- Have a strong passion in sales with an ambition to succeed;
- Be able to work on his / her own initiative and without minimum supervision;
- Be computer literate and fluent in English;
- Possess a clean driving licence and a clean police conduct.
Applicants with food service experience will be given preference. An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience will be offered to the chosen candidate. Interested applicants are requested to submit an application letter together with a CV to [email protected] or address them to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Valhmor Borg Import/Export Company Limited,
4, Pinto Road,
Marsa, MRS 1912