The warehouse assistant forms part of the Distribution and Warehousing Department of Valhmor Borg Import/Export Limited (VBIE). VBIE believes that the role of a warehouse assistant is crucial to the operational flow of the company. The warehouse assistant has continuous contact with the Distribution and Warehousing supervisors, delivery persons and co-workers. It is of extreme importance that the relevant tasks are executed in a timely and systematized fashion so as not to disrupt or delay deliveries.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Moves freight, stock and other materials to and from the warehouse, delivery vehicles or containers, by hand or using fork-lifters / cages.
- Sorts orders before loading/unloading.
- Reads work orders or receive verbal instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Stacks cargo in specific locations at the warehouse using pallets or cargo boards.
- Follows attentively any written and/or verbal instructions from his/her direct superior.
- Connect electrical equipment such as fork-lifters to power sources in order to be fully charged when need to be used.
- Deals calmly and effectively with high stressful situations especially during the peak season.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times especially when in warehouse.
- Complies with Occupational Health and Safety procedures and in line with the company’s policy on such matter – ensuring that safety procedures are adhered to by maintaining cleanliness throughout the warehouse and the surroundings.
- Strict adherence to company confidentiality and professionalism.
- Attends training programs as instructed by the company, during or outside office hours.
- General good standard of education up to Secondary Level.
- Skills to operate a fork-lifter.
- Good Police Conduct.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Applying a positive attitude of ‘can do’, ‘right the first time’, ‘speed’ and ‘passion’.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience will be offered to the chosen candidate. Interested applicants are requested to submit an application letter together with a CV to email@example.com or address them to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Valhmor Borg Import/Export Company Limited,
4, Pinto Road,
Marsa, MRS 1912